- Apple Logic Studio
- Audacity: The Free, Cross-Platform Sound Editor
- Cakewalk: Music Production Software
- PreSonus Studio One
- Propellerhead: Recording Software
- Propellerhead Reason: Virtual Studio Rack
- REAPER: Audio Production Without Limits
- Steinberg Media Technologies
- XG-Gold Editor
- Yamaha XG Edit for PC and Mac
- Yamaha XG Editor for Cubase 5 Added
- Yamaha XG Editor for MAC users Added
Tools (*.zip / *.rar files)
- The Beggar's DB-50XG SysEx Guideversion I.2 284 kB
- Echo/delay calculator 2.72 kB
- Yamaha's good old XG Works 3.0.7E including SW1000XG mixer (works on WinXP / Win 7), only for personal use ;-) 13 MB Added
- Audio fix if you can't install the SW1000XG Added
Drivers (*.rar files)
- Yamaha DS2416 Win2000/XP 2.69 MB
- Yamaha DS2416 / SW1000XG for Win2000/XP 1.64 MB
- Yamaha SW1000XG for Win2000 1.00 MB
- Yamaha SW1000XG for Win2000/XP 3.67 MB
- Professional Audio Product Related Downloads by Yamaha
- Technical Support for Yamaha Products (like the old CBX, SW60XG, SW1000XG, DS2416, WF192XG, Flashrom updates, Support Files and Utilities
- Yamaha Downloads (Japan): there is still a lot to download! added 15.th February 2012
You can "unzip" the *.zip / *.rar files with the tool WinRAR.
Using S-YXG50 (S-YXG100 compatible) on modern computers
Thanks to the XG music composer DJ Wuppie 1984 aka DJ Alias 1984, we finally have a practical guide for installing the Yamaha XG Software Synthesizer WDM Driver for Windows XP and 2000 in order to be able to playback any XG MIDI files in modern computers with the help of virtualization software such as Virtual Box or VMWare. This is a valuable resource for all those composers who need to port their Yamaha XG files into MP3. For the whole process, a copy of the S-YXG50 soft synth it's required. For those of you who don't own a copy of it, there's a trial version - fully working for a period of 60 days - available which is released from Yamaha and which is included with the guide for your convenience.
You can download the PDF guide and a trial version of Yamaha S-YXG50 from DJ Wuppie's web directory and don't forget to say thank you!
SW1000XG with Win2000/XP/Win7 (32-bit)
On this page (see drivers) you can download 4 different software packages for the SW1000XG PCI-card. Please try all of them, because they are all a little bit different. There's no software for Windows 7 (64 bit) but it must be possible to install the SW1000XG with Windows 7 (32-bit).
When you try to install the SW1000XG drivers under XP/Win7 you will get the message that the driver is not digital signed. That is a normal message, because the main drivers for the SW1000XG were made before XP was "alive". Just click on "OK".
Another tip: DISABLE the setting "HD Audio Controller" in you BIOS, otherwise Windows will use that controller instead of your SW1000XG soundcard.
Here you can find my SW1000XG settings under Windows XP (JPEG).
On our hardware page, you can download several manuals and guides in PDF.
| top |